Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Roll Me Out the Door Roll-ups

If you are a big fan of health food, you might as well quit reading this post right now.  Opposed to processed meats and prepackaged convenience foods?  Turn away quickly.  Vegan?  Run screaming in terror.  This recipe is pure, unadulterated junk food.  Perfect, greasy, cheesy, meaty deliciousness.  And some days, that exactly what I want.  I think this recipe was supposed to be an appetizer, divided into 12 small servings, but I served it as a main dish cut into only 5 pieces and still wanted more.  Definitely not my best diet day, but it sure tasted good.  If it hadn't been for my extreme self control, you'd be rolling me out the door right about now.  That, and I had to share with the rest of my equally desirous family.  Next time, I'm making 2.

Club Roll-ups
link to original recipe
Prep time: 15 min  Bake time: 25 min
Serves 5

1/2 lb bacon
1 (11-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crusty French Loaf
4 oz shredded sharp Cheddar or Swiss
2 oz thinly sliced cooked deli turkey 

2 oz thinly sliced cooked deli ham

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel; crumble.

Meanwhile, unroll dough and sprinkle with cheese. Top with turkey, ham and bacon. Starting with long side, roll up dough; press edges to seal. Make 3 to 4 slits in top of loaf. Place on sprayed cookie sheet.

Bake at 350°F. for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.


509 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment