Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Creamy Watermelon Pie

Is it weird that I'm posting another watermelon dessert recipe less than 2 weeks after the last one?  I just can't help it; I love watermelon in the summer! Don't worry, September is almost here and that means all things apple, quickly followed by pumpkin season, then peppermint and gingerbread for Christmas....there's always another season coming up with its own set of flavors! But for now, I'm going to savor the last juicy melon of the summer in this amazing pie.

This is great for that end of summer watermelon that's not quite as sweet and tasty as earlier ones, and it's also perfect for this super busy time of the year when complicated recipes are just not gonna happen.  I've made this many times before and I plan to serve it this Labor Day because it's quick, cool, and everybody loves it. The only thing challenging about this recipe is finding the watermelon-flavored gelatin. Last year I tried several stores with no luck, but a buddy of mine found it and bought me several boxes because she knew how much I love to make this pie!



Creamy Watermelon Pie
Prep time: 10 min  Chill time: 2 hrs 
Serves 8

1 box (3 oz) watermelon gelatin
1/4 cup boiling water
1 tub (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 cups diced seeded watermelon
1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust



In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool to room temperature. Whisk in whipped topping; fold in watermelon. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment