Saturday, June 8, 2013

Feelin' the Love of a Bacon Hug

I like cooking for company.  Good food is like a gift I can give to show my friends how much I care about them.  Of course, I also enjoy the accolades I receive from a well-made meal, and why shouldn't I?  It's a lot of work to make a delicious dinner and still have the energy left to socialize!  What I really like is finding a recipe that looks elegant and delectable, but doesn't take all day to prepare.  This recipe is great because the ingredients are simple and universal enjoyed, I can prep it ahead of time, and it tastes like a million bucks.


Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Prep time: 30 min. Cook time: 40 min.
Serves 8

2 lbs chicken tenders
1 lb bacon
8 oz chive and onion cream cheese
Seasoned salt, to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar


Preheat oven to 450F.  Line a cookie pan with aluminum foil. Season chicken to taste with seasoned salt.  Spread a generous layer of cream cheese on top of each piece then sprinkle with cheddar.  Wrap each tender with a slice of bacon and place on prepared pan.  You can now refrigerate until ready to bake.

Bake at 450F for 20 minutes, flipping over after 10 minutes.

Set broiler to high and broil chicken until bacon is desired crispness, approximately 5 minutes.  Flip over and broil other side. Serve and rake in the love!

783 calories per serving. Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!