Sunday, September 6, 2015

Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken

Happy early Labor Day everybody! It has been FOREVER since my last blog post, but since I'm already 3 days into my 4 day weekend, I finally feel like I have some spare time to post a new recipe.  Actually, I was totally convinced that I had already posted this recipe like, eons ago because I've been making it for my family for years, but I searched through my whole backlist and couldn't find it, so I decided it was definitely time for me to share it.

This is a great summer recipe that was just perfect for the last true weekend of summer because it's fresh and fruity and tastes just like summer, plus it cooks on the grill which is totally obligatory on Labor Day weekend.

The prep for this meal is super simple and it cooks up really quick, but it does call for some marinating, so you have to plan ahead if you want to have this easy dinner.

If you prefer your meat between a bun, this also makes a great sandwich, but the extra carbs are definitely not necessary.


Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
Prep time: 5 min (+ 8hrs marinating)

Cook time: 15 min
Serves 4

1 can (20 oz) sliced pineapple
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 slices provolone cheese

Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple. In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for basting.

Drain and discard the chicken marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side, basting frequently with some of the reserved sauce.

Grill pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, basting with remaining marinade. Top each piece of chicken with cheese and pineapple slices. Grill, covered, for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.

322 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment