Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Berry Good Stuff

I try to eat healthy foods, I really do.  Can I help it if I just don't really like them all that much?  Few things are as unappealing to me as plain fruits and vegetables, but I know my family and I need them, so I like to hide them as much as possible to make eating them a little more enjoyable.  This fruit salad is a perfect example of that concept.  Yes, it's got a whole lot of Cool Whip in it, and some pudding mix, but it's also got a ton of fruit in it and some yogurt, too.  That sounds healthy, right?  Okay, so maybe this doesn't exactly qualify as health food, but at least it gets a little fruit down me and my family, and it's got to be better for us than the apple danishes my kid likes to consider her daily fruit serving.  We had this for dinner tonight with some ham and cheese omelets, but I think it could almost pass as a dessert on a hot summer day.  But I'm still classifying it as health food.  = D

Berry Cream Fluff
Click here for original recipe
Prep time: 5 min

32 oz frozen mixed berries, thawed
1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
32 oz vanilla yogurt 

1 (3.4 oz) pkg of cheesecake pudding mix

Pour berries into a large bowl.  Add the Cool Whip and yogurt and then sprinkle on the pudding mix.  Stir together until well-combined.  Chill.


This makes a ton, but it's so yummy you'll have it gone in no time.
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made it the other day, and family loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete