Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Peachy Keen

Pork - the other white meat, as they say.  And since my picky kid doesn't like red meat in any form, I have learned to use pork in all kinds of ways I had never tried before.  I mean, I love chicken as much as the next guy, but I don't want it every night!  Growing up, the only pork we ate was chops - breaded and fried.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good pork chop, too, but I like variety on my dinner plate!  If you've read some of my previous entries, you also know how I'm partial to hiding my fruit and vegetables, and this recipe is another great way to get some fruit.  The combination of pork and peaches is delightful and, better yet, even the picky kid eats this up.

Peachy Pork Tenderloin 
link to original recipe
Prep time: 5 min  Cook time: 15 min
Serves 4

1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp pepper 
2 tsp olive oil 
4 peaches, peeled and sliced
(or a large can of sliced peaches, drained)
1 Tbs lemon juice 
1/4 cup peach preserves


Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.  In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

Add peaches and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until peaches are tender. Stir in the pork and preserves; heat through.

216 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment