Thursday, September 25, 2014

OMG Chicken (or Pork!)

I love recipes. Shocker, right? I love finding new recipes, I love trying new recipes, and I really love when a new recipe is a total win. But you know what's even better than a great recipe? A great non-recipe!  What the heck is a non-recipe, you ask? You know, they're those "little of this, little of that" recipes that you've made a million times and you never have to look up the ingredients because you know them all by heart and the measurements just don't matter enough to actually bother measuring.

This is one of my favorite non-recipes because it's so darn easy and versatile. This recipe was originally created by Hellman's Mayonnaise and used mayo as the main topping ingredient, but my kiddo was making it and she despises mayo, so she wanted to substitute something else, even though I promised her that the end product would not taste that much like mayonnaise. I recommended sour cream, but, she doesn't like that either (I know, seriously picky!) She smartly suggested yogurt, and a new favorite was found. 

Since then, I've made it with mayo and with sour cream, and it was great every time. Yogurt is still my family's favorite, though. Sorry, Hellman's!  Today I had some extra pork chops thawed and I thought, why not?  Wanna guess how it turned out? That's right, it was AWESOME! So pick your own variation of this non-recipe and give it a try. I promise, it will make you say OMG!


OMG Chicken
Prep time: 5 min  Bake time: 20 min
Serves 4

1/2 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream or mayo)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (or pork chops)
4 tsp Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 425°.


Combine yogurt with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with yogurt mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
 

Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes.

201 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment