Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fruity Chicken Wraps

 I work in an air-conditioned office, drive an air-conditioned car, and come home every night to an air-conditioned house, but yet in the summertime I still avoid using the oven like the plague.

I love sandwiches and traditional wraps made with tortillas, but those carbs can add a lot of extra calories. This recipe is all about the filling, so a simple romaine leaf is the perfect wrapping for these fresh and fruity roll-ups. I had a little trouble rolling them up because my leaves were small and had a very stiff center vein, so I ended up just eating them taco style, but who doesn't like tacos, so that was fun too!

I precooked my chicken in the Crock-Pot with a few shakes of McCormick Chicken Seasoning, but you could easily use leftover chicken or grill some up in a flash in a George Forman grill. I think this tastes better with cooled chicken, though, so I strongly recommend letting your chicken chill for a few hours before assembling these.

The original recipe called for almond butter, which I had never used before, and it was very tasty, but not that different from peanut butter, so if you don't feel like buying an extra ingredient, feel free to substitute your favorite peanut butter instead.
 

Fruity Chicken Wraps
Total
time: 10 min 

Serves 3
 
1 cup cubed cooked chicken
1/2 cup Fuji apples, chopped
1/2 cup red grapes, halved
1 1/2 Tbs honey
4 Tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter)
6 romaine leaves

In a medium bowl, mix honey and almond butter until smooth. Stir in chicken, apples and grapes. Spread mixture on romaine leaves and roll up or eat taco style.

223 calories per serving. Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment