Saturday, September 7, 2013

Whole Lotta Chipotle

All you friends here in bloggerland know me as Sweet P, but what you probably didn't know is that my friends in the real world occasionally call me by another, less innocent name.  It's a little naughty, so, Mom, if you're reading, you can skip this paragraph!  Believe it or not, the first time I cooked for my bestie Melissa and her husband TJ, I made these sliders and TJ fell in love....with my cooking.  He told me he would do pretty much anything for me if I cooked another meal for him, so Melissa dubbed me his Food Whore, and I've been bribing him with goodies ever since.  In fact, just tonight we were hanging out, and he offered to help me profitize my little blog here in exchange for a big bowl of curry.  I think it's a perfect win-win situation - I make lots of yummy new recipes to pay TJ for promoting my blog, and the recipes get posted on my blog, so my blog gets more page views than ever!  And to think it all started with a tiny little hamburger and a whole lotta chipotles!

FYI: These succulent little sliders are HOT!!!  They are definitely not kid-friendly, and even I start to look like a panting dog about half way through them, but they are fabulous and they disappear in minutes when I take them to parties.  Serve them with a gallon of milk to quench the fire if you must, but definitely try them!


Chipotle Sliders
link to original recipe
Prep time: 15 min  Cook time: 10 min
Serves 10

1 package (12 oz) Hawaiian sweet rolls
1 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp pepper 
8 tsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, divided 
1-1/2 pounds ground beef 
10 slices pepper Jack cheese 
1/2 cup mayonnaise



 Place 2 rolls in a food processor; process until crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl; add the salt, pepper and 6 teaspoons chipotle peppers. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 patties.

Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.

Split remaining rolls and grill, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.

Combine mayonnaise and remaining chipotle peppers; spread over roll bottoms. Top each with a burger. Replace roll tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment