Monday, January 12, 2015

Crock Pot Corn Casserole

My best friend has this really great corn casserole recipe. It's sweet and creamy and very corny (I mean that in a good way--unlike my husband's sense of humor!) The only problem is that it has to bake for a long time. It's totally worth it, but still, I don't have that kind of patience when I come home from work hungry and cranky.

So I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day for Crock Pot corn casserole, and the ingredient list was pretty much identical to my friend Melissa's.  Of course, I had to give it a try, and it was awesome! It had the same crispy exterior, creamy interior and corny sweetness, but I can throw it together on my lunch break and it's ready when I get home!





































Crock Pot Corn Casserole
Prep time: 5 min  Cook time:2-4 hrs
Serves 8

8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup sugar
8 ½ oz corn muffin mix
2 ½ cups frozen corn
1 can (16 oz) creamed corn
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp seasoned salt
¼ tsp nutmeg

Grease a slow cooker or line it with a liner.

In a bowl, stir together cream cheese, eggs and sugar. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.

Pour into slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours.

Tip: If you need to be away from your slow cooker for longer than this takes, put your Crock Pot on a timer! I assembled this at 1pm and set the timer to start at 3 so it would be ready around 5.  It worked out perfectly!

417 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!