Monday, December 22, 2014

Crock-Pot Sticky Chicken

Today I had the day off work as the start of my Christmas break. My vacation activities included a doctor's appointment, picking up my child from swim practice and taking her to her friend's house, a two-hour drive to get my brother-in-law from the airport and take him to his mother's, a trip to Aldi and a full cart of groceries to buy and put away, three days' worth of dishes to wash, the whole house to vacuum, and supper to make. How relaxing!

As you can imagine, when it was time to make dinner I was awfully glad I had a Crock-Pot meal planned. This one was as easy as most slow cooker meals, but tasted even better thanks to the final few minutes of oven-broiling that turned the sauce into a sweet, crispy crust.  The thighs were great, but I'm sure any type of chicken you like would be fine.
  


Crock -Pot Sticky Chicken
Prep time: 5 min  Cook time: 4 hrs
Serves 6

3 lbs chicken thigh
3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
1 tsp ground ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup water

Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in the slow cooker. Add chicken and stir to coat evenly. Cook chicken for 4 hours on low or until done. 

Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, water, and tomato paste to create the sauce. When chicken is done, place on a lined cookie sheet and brush all sides with sauce.

 Broil in the oven for about 5 minutes or until desired crispness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment