Saturday, April 5, 2014

Broccoli Salad

Spring has finally sprung around here and I couldn't be happier!  I moved 700 miles south to get away from cold weather and this winter has reminded me way too much of home.  Warm temps make me crave cold dishes that come together quick and easy so I can spend more time outside enjoying the weather.  This salad is a perfect side to any meal and it's a star at a potluck.  It's not exactly a "healthy" salad with all the cheese and mayo, but at least it makes me crave vegetables, which is definitely a step in the right direction for me!

Broccoli Salad
Prep time: 10 min
Serves 8

1 head broccoli
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup raisins
8 oz sharp cheddar, diced
1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper, to taste
 

Cut broccoli into small florets and place in a large bowl. Add the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins, and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper.

476 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment