Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Skillet Lasagna

Believe it or not, I have another awesome lasagna recipe for you!  I think this makes the third or fourth one I've shared.  Is that too much?  Is there even such a thing as too much lasagna?  I think not.  Lasagna is one of my favorite foods, surpassed only by pizza and followed close behind by spaghetti.  Noticing a trend?  Yeah, I definitely shoulda been Italian.

I've already given you my classic lasagna recipe and an amazing lasagna soup recipe, as well as this great pasta dish that's kinda like lasagna, but this might be even better than all of those.  It's quicker, easier, uses more veggies, dirties less dishes, and tastes amazing!

Skillet Lasagna
Total time: 30 min
Serves 5

1/2 lb Italian sausage
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
2 cups wide egg noodles
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 cup ricotta cheesse
2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

In a large skillet, brown sausage with onions.  Drain and return to pan.  Add sauce and water and bring to a boil.  Stir in noodles and zucchini.  Return to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover, and simmer till noodles are tender, about 12 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine ricotta, Parmesan, and parsley.  Drop large spoonfuls of cheese mixture on top of noodle mixture then sprinkle each mound with mozzarella.  Cover and cook on low till mozzarella is melted, about 4 minutes.

465 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment