Thursday, November 7, 2013

Good-anoff for Company

We've got company in town this week, my husband's aunt and uncle, and although they are staying with my mother-in-law I felt the need to take a turn feeding them.  Unfortunately, their visit just happened to coincide with the one day my bosses decided to double up on the schedule, creating the busiest workday I've ever had!  Let me tell you, I have never been happier to have a great Crock-Pot meal up my sleeve!  Beef stroganoff sounds fancy enough to impress even the most important company, but this recipe was so easy it didn't take an ounce of extra effort from me.  In fact, I even had enough energy left to blog about it!  I've tried a dozen different stroganoff recipes, but this one is so simple and tasty, it beats them all.

Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff
Prep time: 5 mn Cook time: 8 hrs
Serves 6

1 lb stew beef chunks
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 oz) envelope onion soup mix
8 oz sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
8 oz sour cream
6 oz egg noodles, prepared

Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and add beef, soup, soup mix, and mushrooms.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours till beef is tender.  Stir in sour cream and prepared noodles. 

338 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment