Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ranch-tastic

Have you ever noticed that no matter how much time you have, you always have plenty of chores to fill it all?  I'm a working wife and mother, I'm involved in 4 different ministries at my church, I'm a homeowner, a pet owner, and a blogger, and yet, somehow I manage to get it all done everyday, without having an anxiety attack.  So you'd think that when I get lucky enough to have a few extra hours off work they would be gloriously empty and full of me-time potential.  Yeah, right!

Somehow they always manage to get filled up before I can even think about using them for personal pleasure.  Orthodontist appointments, doctor appointments, pharmacy pick-ups, important phone calls, and a million little errands always seem to eat up every extra minute.  I don't even bother trying to plan some extravagant dinner on those bonus days because I know I won't have an extra minute to make anything time-consuming.  A lot of times, I just throw something in the Crock-Pot and skip "making dinner" altogether!

Today was one of those busy days and what did I do to add even more to my plate?  I invited friends over for dinner on impulse!  What on earth would possess me to do such a thing?

Dinner confidence, that's what.  I knew I had a winner simmering away in my Crock-Pot and all I'd have to do is serve it up and rake in the compliments.  Then I was "free" to spend the rest of the evening relaxing with my besties...planning a baby shower for 60 of their closest friends!



Ranch Chops 'n Gravy
Prep time: 5 min  Cook time: 4 hrs
serves 6

6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 (1 oz) packet ranch dressing powder

1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 Tbs parsley flakes

Place pork chops, ranch powder, and soup into a medium-sized Crock-Pot and cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.  Sprinkle with parsley flakes.  This is great served over mashed potatoes!

404 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!