Thursday, October 9, 2014

Roasted Garlic & Asiago Chicken with Potatoes

You know how I talk all the time about how I like my recipes simple and easy? How I don't like long lists of ingredients or multiple steps of preparation? How I don't want to spend more than half an hour cooking because I'm freakin' hungry when I get off work at 5 o'clock?

Yeah, well, for this recipe, I threw all that out the window. Why, you ask, did I even consider making this recipe if it goes against everything I believe in when it comes to cooking? All I can say is, because it looked really pretty! Seriously, this is the yummiest-looking dish I've think I've ever made. Juicy chicken and savory potatoes smothered in a thick, creamy, cheesy topping? Ahh-mazing. Yes, this is complicated and takes forever, but I would make it again in a heartbeat, and so should you!


Roasted Garlic & Asiago Chicken with Potatoes
Prep time: 20 min  Bake time: 1 hr, 20 min 
Serves 6

2 heads of garlic
1 tsp olive oil 
6 potatoes, diced (peel if desired)
6 slices bacon
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
Salt & pepper to taste
8 oz cream cheese
5 oz Asiago cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup heavy cream (or whole milk)
3 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

Preheat your oven to 400° F.

Cut 1/4 inch off the top of each head of garlic, exposing the cloves, and remove most of the outer papery skin, leaving the head in one piece. Place garlic on a small square of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil, and wrap up in the foil.  Roast in oven for 1 hour. When done, unwrap the foil and remove the cloves from the remaining skin.


Meanwhile, place the diced potatoes in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with salt & pepper or your favorite garlic herb seasoning. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.

Cook bacon and remove to paper towels to drain, reserving bacon grease in skillet.
Crumble bacon when cool. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt & pepper. Sear the chicken on each side in the bacon grease. Remove to a paper towel & set aside.

Combine the roasted garlic, cream cheese, Asiago cheese, sour cream & heavy cream in a small bowl. Take the potatoes from the oven and nestle the chicken breasts in the dish. Then, dollop the cheese mixture all over. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese & parsley. (I did all of this the night before I wanted to serve this, stuck the dish in the fridge, and finished baking it the next day, which took a little longer since it was cold.)

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.


752 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment