Sunday, February 2, 2014

Forget About the Awful Weather Fruit Dip

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate winter?  Yeah, maybe a couple times.  This winter has really been a doozy for just about everybody.  My hometown has like 76 inches of snow on the ground, and even here, 700 miles south in Burlington, NC, Rachel got 2 1/2 snow days last week.  Of course, we only got 1/2 an inch of snow, but for North Carolinians, that's a big deal!  Being a summer-lover myself, I am desperate for some warm weather and sunshine.  Unfortunately, summer is still a long way away, but at least I can have a taste of summer with this incredibly refreshing fruit dip.  I served it with some pathetic, white-bellied winter strawberries and it made them taste great, so I can only imagine how fabulous this would be on some halfway decent produce.  Heck, if I can't find any good fruit to dip in it, I'd try graham crackers or Nilla wafers or just about anything I could use as a scoop!


Creamy Yogurt Fruit Dip
Total time: 5 min
Serves 6

1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 Tbs honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon

In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, honey, and cinnamon.

Whip cream to desired consistency (I prefer stiff peak stage* for this dish.)  Gently fold into yogurt mixture.

Serve as a dip or between layers of sliced fruit for a beautiful trifle.

111 calories per serving.  Click here for more nutritional info and shopping list!


*To test your cream for stiff peaks: stop your beater, pull it straight out of the cream and turn it upside down.  If the cream forms a stiff peak that doesn't flop over, you've reached the stiff peak stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment