Monday, February 27, 2017

Taco Spaghetti

How have I gone my entire life without trying this recipe?  I love tacos, I love spaghetti, and I really love quick, easy, one-pot dinners that my whole family will enjoy!  This one is all of those things, plus, I usually have all these ingredients on hand, so it's a great last-minute meal, too.

Here's a bonus tip:
This is one of those recipes that calls for a tiny amount of tomato paste, and I always hate opening a new can for just a tablespoon or two.  But tomato paste freezes great!  So, next time you have a lot leftover, divide it into ice cube trays and freeze it.  Once it's frozen, you can pop out the cubes and transfer them to a freezer bag or container.  Then it's easy to pull out exactly the right amount without having to open a new can.






Taco Spaghetti
Cook time: 20 min
Serves 4

1 lb ground beef
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
1 (10 oz can) diced tomatoes & green chilies
1 Tbs tomato paste
8 oz spaghetti
1 cup Mexican or Fiesta blend cheese
2 Tbs chopped, fresh cilantro leaves


Brown ground beef in a large stockpot over medium high heat. Drain.  Stir in taco seasoning.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, spaghetti and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.


Remove from heat and top with cheeses. Cover until melted, about 2 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.


662 calories per serving.  Click here for shopping list and more nutritional info!